Saturday, August 20, 2005

Keeping... very... still...

Here I sit in my little corner of the dining room upstairs, in my usual seat with my usual headphones on my usual laptop. Everything is the same except for one minor detail... the blinds that usually separate me from the window to my left and therefore the outside world are completely missing. When I peek out I see blackness and my reflection, but I know if it were light out I would be able to see the house across the yard from ours. All their lights are out, so they're probably sleeping, but it's kinda creepy to think that they could totally see me if they wanted to. Heck, if all the lights are out in my house, I get a little creeped out then, too. So if I were them, I wouldn't bother standing still long enough to spy at the neighbor before feeling my way to my room. Even if they did notice the obvious glow from my laptop screen, I'm not interesting enough to spy on... am I? Ok, time for bed! (But self, you're not tired!) Quiet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home